LIVING IS DOING: FairyWand lets you do what seems to be Fairy Magic: Build your own site as part of moving in and LittleGirlLand: Our Cobbled-together but private (because I keep it that way) social network. Whether you are little more than a newbie or a Mistresss of the Arts, FairyWand sets you up to actively participate and be a player; and well beyond RUFFLES & RIBBONS GIRLS' HOME, too.All the major activities; images/photos, music/audio; playing videos, blogging, even writing pages and site building are represented here
UPDATED TO WINDOWS 7, slimmed down from 135 MB to 98, and DVD Videosoft has been elimintated because it adds questionable software with no option to refuse. Also be aware that we have a private forum at Daily Diapers
Why build your own? Well, I cannot set up the usual 5-12 megs of webspace and bandwidth without spending a small fortune and even if I could, it would not be as good as you can do on your own with a bit of guidence, preparation and packaging on my part. But for under $US10/mo; hosting and domain, You can get 1 GB storage/10 GB bandwidth adult-friendly web hosting. You can have all at once
And it is all yours, so you control it all. Try that with 5-12 megs of space as part of another's website like Sissy Kiss. All you have to do is follow our CODE OF CONDUCT to LIVE AT RUFFLES & RIBBONS GIRLS' HOME. You are not just "stepping up your 'gamr'", you are entering another dimension and going 360, 24/7 or whatever you want to call it.
- many large photo albums (we give you the software to do it)
- Blog: with archives
- display your own artwork, stories etc if you are creatively inclined
- Put a link page to your favorite places
- Try that with 5 megs
FairyWand is a WAGPack. WAGPack stands for Website, Audio Graphics Package: This package began life as set of setups for my favorite media/editing software and "just Growed". If you have any doubts about them, read the reviews of those that have them. The item name is the link
If you want to build a website, using what you have here, you can go from scratch to the final upload. even if you are a newbie at it
Where was this when I built RUFFLES & RIBBONS GIRLS' HOME? Even if you do not wish to build, you can probably still use a photo editor, audio file manager player, video editor, audio file converter and other thingss. Especially at the price I am charging: $0.00 down, $0.00/month and 0% APR: Such a deal!
- Photos and images
- Draw on a high-quality paint program
- Create slideshows and screensavers (they make wonderful take-hme souvenirs), and aniGif's (animated gif) that can be used as avatars for some forums
- Create photo galleries and not need to be dependent on Photobucket and Flickr
- Map images for links easily
- Convert from most fileypes to mp3
- Edit volume and tags for portable players and other reasons
- Record your own music
- get a first-rate audio file manager, player and DJ player
- Easily make the ID3 tags for your mp3
- Videoes: Download, Convert, edit and upload.
- Extract the audio from videos as mp3
- Write the pages and build the site
- Get the profile page template kit for a profile page.
- Have good-looking links pages easily and quickly using pre-built templates and copy/paste
- Get adult-friendly hosting, guestbooks. Diary (girl talk for blog) and profile page template kit
- Upload to the site using a leading FTP client
- Find bazillions of other freeware of high quality. FairyWand just gives you a good start. It just goes on and on
These came to me as freeware for strictly non-commercial use and I destribute them with that specific understanding.
If you wish to use these for commercial applications, contact the companies for either a commercial liscense or Professional versions, which are geared to commercial purposes. The only code I did was the Slideshow; adaptation for a music track and labelling of actionable parts ("[ ...]")
BE AWARE: MANY OF THESE SOFTWARE PACKAGES GET UPDATED AND IMPROVED, So check for updates. the supplied version of MediaMonkey is better than the current issue. IrfanView is up to 436. While CNET does good reviews. Their downloads often add software that borders on malware. Update through the program interface instead
This package consists of setups and templates for
KRITA A very sophisticated drawing program that is every bit as good as Paint.NET AND has an airbrush (spray) and some Scaleable Vector Graphics ability
INKSCAPE Full Scalable Vector Grapics drawing program similar to Adobe Illustrator
a Javescript slideshow template with optional provsions for a music track. NOTE: the images and music track must be in the same folder as the slideshow page. You do not use it directly, You create a new text document then rename it to an HTML document, go to this template right-click/edit/right-click/Copy and close. Then go to the created, blank HTML document; Right-click/edit/paste and close and save, then go back in and work on the HTML document you created via right-click/edit. I use Notepad as my defualt edit program since it gives me more control and less eyestrain. All actionable areas are lebelled SEE RESULTS
IrfanView that enables you to, among other things like color depth, rotate, sharpen image...:
- GRAPHICS: Drawing and Image Processing. Together these could be considered the poor girl's Adobe Photoshop and Illutrator Suite. I am not including GIMP becasue it is still quite a bit buggy and bug reporting is a bit onerous. I have seen one of the bugs myself. When I put my pointer on something, instead of the tooltip alt, I just get a black alt box. This has gone on for years and I am, to put it bluntly, fed up with trying to fix it and getting no help and nowhere. And a whole section of their site is dedicated to different kinds of bugs that have and have not been fixed. Aside from this not-ready-for-prinetime silliness. GIMP has a good reputation and apart from these limitations is a good performer. I just cannot stock what I cannot have full confidence in. but you can try it and decide FOR YOURSELF
This one is my image editor of choice
FastStoneViewer Another image viewer/editor, with some features not found in IrfanView
SPLITZ: This is primarily an image mapper. It carves up an image into pieces, then enabless you to create the link code for each piece then puts it back together. This creats a single image different parts of which link to different things. The color editor uses the cyan-yellow-magenta instead of RBG, this is in line with color film
iWebAlbum Generates albums from existing images
unFreez is an animated gifmaker that is well known and dirt simple to use
XnSketch and FotoSketcher: Not part of FairyWand yet due to ftp size limits so get them here.These are two prgrams that turn images into line drawings that can be used to make pages to color. FotoSketcher is the more versatile one but XnSketch is quicker and does well enough. There is some question about the Apple version of XnSketch being bundled with Geneio which some say is stubborn malware but that has not been proven. Get the portable version of FotoSketch and you do not have an installer to put up with.To use The Windows version of XnSketch download the zip, extract and move to the appropriate Program Files folder. Then go in the XnSketch folder, find the .exe, right-click>create shortcut and move the shortcut to where you want it. You can put the portable FotoSketcher anywhere you want, which is why I prefer it
Thingamablg:Rss reader and blogging software. We can publish your public blog(s) and you can keep your more intimate ones on your site. That has to rule
MediaMonkey Audio file management system and a player, easy to use. Has Add-ons for increased functionality. Uses Replay Gain codecs to Analyze and Volume Level tracks so that they all sound at the same volume. Using the included lame file, you can convert other filetypes to mp3
Audacity: very popular recording/mp3 output studio of sorts. Used and reccommended by LibriVox
MyLynx: MSMD (Monkey See Monkey Do) Link page templates: 1 text, 1 graphic for newbies or use for convenience. Includes demo to show what one looks like in place
PageBreeze: An entry level to intermediate level webpage/site creator/Editor; interchangeable HTML/WISYWIG editing. Includes a custom pink page template that we made here
lame-enc.dll replaces the limited-lifetime file of the same name in MediaMonkey so that it will continue to convert other audio filetypes to MP3. To use; copy it and paste it in the MediaMonkey folder in Program files. If it dies again, simply replace. It is cheaper to keep replacing it than pay for MediaMonkey Gold
MPTag Make and edit MP3 ID3 tags for one or a whole folder. Title, Artist, Album, Year, Genre and other things. Not as easy to learn as AudioShell, but once you learn it, you will not go back
MP3Gain. equalizes the volume for all the tracks in an album (folder) to within 1.5 db. After you call up the program use the toolbar to "add Folder" then find and select the folder of material you want to equalize the volume in. then "Album Analyze" and wait for that process to finish. then go to Modify Gain in the top bar and rightclick then left click on track volume. two progress bars will display at the bottom of the screen one will indicate the work on each track and the other the work on the album.
FileZilla: Popular FTP, transfers fles from one machine to another, using the File Transfer Protocol. Used mostly to upload large amounts of files to a server. Most servers have an FTP address that they list and the "port" is usually a default value of 21 and you pretty much choose your own username and password. Recommended by the creators of the in-browser FireFox FireFTP for thsoe who cannot use FireFTP. Also downloads from a server. Get FIREFOX and FireFTP, which is even better in many way
Video4fuze sets up videos, photos and playlists for use in SanDisk Sansa Fuze I got this directly from the SanDisk forum where it is reccommended over the SanDisk Media Coverter, which is pretty good too
videoLAN aka VLC Media Player: Replacing Freemake, which has beome "diry [includes adware and malware]". A media player:
- convert graphic filetypes including ico (the icon filetype)
- create screensavers
- set GIF tranparency (used to make transparent backgrounds if you wish to superimpose the gif on a page background image) I believe it also does the same for PNG's
- get add-on plugins for full functionality (included)
- Even salvage disastrous photos to a servicable level.
GIZMO reviews and downloads of high quality freeware; Also included in the FairyWand zip package. It just goes on and on. FairyWand is just the start
I use most of these things myself and I am not a sorceress or even close. everything is pretty intuitive. When you see things like aniGifs and slideshows and try to figure out how they're done, it seems scarier than it is. When I found out how easy this was, I was amazed. If you can use wizards and toolbars, you've got these things knocked.
- One of the best media players going, albeit a bit "geeky"
- Convert video formats/filetypes
- create visualizations
- Convert Vids to MP3 audios
Here is a neat trick that you can do with aniGif's. you can have a backgournd that changes color while the main image also changes. The way to do this is first create gif's of the colores you want and use them for the layers in an aniGif metafile which we will call here "colors.gif". Then create the main aniGif that will be the focus of attention. then write the page but make this change in the BODY tag: Instead of "bgcolor=" you use "background="colors..gif". this can be a small image since the browser will tile it and all of them will change in the same way at the same time. This is good because small gif metafiles are more efficient. Then put the main image how you want it.
NOTE: This kind of power does not come in a small package. This is a large file 243 MB and may take awhile to dowload
- Most of these are "exe" and use the setup wizard. SLIDESHOW is a template and the others are fairly simple to install
- Check each item for updates
- If you plan to use any of these for commercial purposes, check with the owner since you will be out of the range of the normal End User License Agrement (EULA) and they may have more appropriate, read specialized and more suitable, applications
Image handling is probably the biggest part of a website because there is so much that it covers. Drawing, photos, editiing, doing thing with the images, like animation, mapping; so that different parts of the image link to different things, image links and effects. So that we know what we are talking about, let's start with a GRAPHICS GLOSSARY
FairyWand gives you six of the best with the most complete set of image tools this side of purchased applications and access to two more: Krita amd Inkscape create and handle both raster and vector graphics, IrfanView amd Fast Stone do all kinds of photo and image editing, unFreez and Splitz. The best thing about having different programs, rather than an all-in-one, like GIMP (which I can't get to work right) is that the thing is not so big it's unwieldy
SPLITSZ: The most limited of them performs the function of the HTML map, which, if you are using one image to link to many places, can be tedious and unless you are seasoned in its use, quite daunting. SPLITZ carves up the image into even pieces, enables you to code each piece as an image link then reassembles it into a seamless image like you started with
unFreez. creates animated gifs (aniGif) metafiles from gif images that you drag and drop into the box in the order you want them to show. You then select the "frame rate" or how long you want each image to appear, in hundreths of a second, loop it if you want them to keep doing it then just make it. NOTE: if you have images of different sizes, it is a good idea to paste each image onto a background that is the same size so that you do not have pieces of larger images showing behind smaller ones. AniGif's can be used as cheap sliedeshows
XnSketch and FotoSketcher (not part of FairyWand at this time due to ftp size constraints) turn images into line drawings and other types of artistic images just about automatically with very little effort or knowledge needed
GET FairyWand NOW
FURTHER and MORE....
Create a profile page LIKE THIS with a PROFILE PAGE TEMPLATE KIT FOR WEBSITES
Get adult-friendly GUESTBOOK and blog HERE ARE SOME RESOURCES. Just be aware of banner ads that feature unacceptible material and refrain from using those companies. Also try HERE
Just add adult-friendly WEBHOSTING, find and rgister domains at
they are both pretty good GoDaddy requires you to use a credit or debit cared, even with PayPal. A Domain may cost anyhere from $US9 to $US20 depending on type and what is on special as well as extras you may want and you are ready to go
ABOUT WEB HOSTING
Things to know:
What this means is get a practical amount. RUFFLES & RIBBONS GIRLS' HOME is on far more space than it needs; much of which you do not see being used. We use xmasters plan v2
- Do not "ride on bald tires". Get more than you think you will need because you will then be able to do other things like host your own images and albums. Hosting your own images means that you do not need to rely on image hosting services. You just creat a folder for externally linked images then just link to that folder, which will be a subdomain and is the first thing after the "http://" so the address will be http:// subdomain.domain.[com, net, etc]/picname.[jpg, gif, tiff, etc], which HTML links to using the "You may also wish to have other auxiliary sites for things. An "auxiliary site is a subdoman that holds things like photos, music etc. that do not run as whole sites but only from which you use items or pages. While it is recommended to put an index page. you do not usually need one but your hosting company may require it
- You may wish to have subdomains that run as mini-sites. Each of these will need a page named "Index.html"
- FireFox is case-sensitive about filetype names so it treates "jpg" different from "JPG"
- You may wish to expand at some time in the future
I AM FAIRY QUEEN KIERESTELLE AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE